Ringneck Rodeo

Dec 28 2023

Randy Rogers

Fry

Number of Posts :

Coldest hunt for us so far.  I’m from Texas so anything under 45 degrees if down right freezing.  31 degrees at Jer Mar this morning.  We were able to get out with friends today; got set up about 25 minutes early.  Large flock of teal buzzed us a few minutes before LST.  Then it was hot and heavy for the next 15 minutes or so.  All ringneck from what we could tell.  Then singles and groups of 2-6 would come in every 20-30 minutes or so.  Only about 20% comitted to the spread.  If it didn’t look like they were going to commit on the second pass we’d take them.  Most ducks preferred the NW side of the lake.  Ended the day with 7 ringneck 1 scaup.  There was a canvasback that flew by with a group of ringneck.  We helped reduce the ringneck population today.  Hopefully the big ducks and puddlers will find JerMar soon!!!

P.S.  The new bench is fantastic!  Thank Cole!!

Jan 02 2024

Carrie Babcock

Fry

Number of Posts :

Love the title.  Enjoy reading your posts.  My boys were wondering if you would ever be interested in hunting together.  Congrats on the ducks!  Happy new year.

Jan 02 2024

Randy Rogers

Fry

Number of Posts :

Originaly Posted By Carrie Babcock

Love the title.  Enjoy reading your posts.  My boys were wondering if you would ever be interested in hunting together.  Congrats on the ducks!  Happy new year.

Happy New Year!  Thank you; we enjoying reading y’all’s posts as well.  Absolutely, any reason to hit the duck hole and meet fellow hunters…they are in!! I will shoot you a DM.